Friday, October 1, 2010

Foodie Finds...EAST BOROUGH

Can I just tell you that my heart skipped a beat when I found this place!
EAST BOROUGH fullfills everything on my checklist for a great Foodie Find!
Yum Factor?...Check!
Health Conscious?....Check!
Quality Ingredients?...Check!
Bang fo' yo' Buck?...Check!
Location? Check! Well I do have to complain a tad, but I'll elaborate on that later.

We ordered so many things! The girl at the counter was even a bit wide-eyed after we had ordered! As Foodies, we can't help ourselves! We just wanna try everything on the menu when we come across a new place!
I ordered the Grilled Pork Viet Sandwich and Beef Stew. The sandwich is like a banh mi that you get from Lee's, or if you have ever been to Westminster, you'll find them easily. But the bread was so fresh and warm, unlike the crustified blister-causing bread that other places offer. The meat was also REAL meat chunks, not "mystery meat" that you find often in banh mi. The whole thing just worked it out in my mouth! And the Beef Stew?!....Reminds me of the stew my dad orders from Vietnamese restaurants, not pho, but this other spicy red thick stew with huge meat, carrot, and potato chunks in it. It's like manly stew; not for the faint of heart. Love me some manly stew!
The Hubs ordered Pork & Shrimp Spring Rolls. It's the best spring roll we've ever had! And he also had the Grilled Pork Vermicelli. I didn't try it, but I'm assuming it was good because he inhaled that like a motha'!
We both had the Jasmine Lime Iced Tea, which was a nice palate cleanser.
We usually go to Vietnam's Pearl, but they close at 7:30! So it's nice that we have until 8:30 to get our Vietnamese food on at EAST BOROUGH!

Everything was very flavorful and you can really taste the freshness of the ingredients. And did I mention the packaging was oober cute! For what you get in quality and quantity, and considering it's so close to us here Eastsiders, it's definitely worth every penny. My only gripe is the fact that we had a hard time parking in the CAMP. Love the CAMP! But for some reason, on random nights, the parking lot gets insanely packed.


No comments:

Post a Comment