Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 before 31

I'm nearing 30, and I feel like I need to do something, or many things, by the time I reach another new chapter in my life. Age 30 is big to me. Not in a bad way, but it sounds like such a "grown-up" number.
I'm going to create a list of 30 things I want to check off by the time I reach 31.
You would think it should be "30 before 30." Sorry peoples, I'm cutting myself some slack here!

Goal: Check off 30 items from list below
Deadline: July 12, 2012 (the date I turn 31)

So here is my list of 30 things:
  1. Become a parent
  2. Lose 15 lbs (unless I'm pregnant)
  3. Buy a house/condo
  4. Take a class (cooking, photo, gardening, yoga...)
  5. Organize the garage
  6. Volunteer
  7. Start an edible garden
  8. Have a bonfire at the beach
  9. Visit The Huntington
  10. Plan a trip with the Hubs
  11. Paint a room or two in the house
  12. Go camping with the Beasts
  13. Help launch the Hubs's photography business
  14. Start my own retirement fund (and I work in retirement planning, go figure!)
  15. Sell some baked goods for a charity
  16. Take my parents on a family vacation
  17. Finish reading 1 book every 3 months (no judging please!)
  18. Use my bread-maker for the 1st time, gifted to us in May 2009
  19. Decorate my office (work and home office)
  20. Sew something using my sewing machine
  21. Try something new (paragliding, skydive, ATV, segway...)
  22. Make a home video (not that kind of home video!)
  23. Go to the doctor and have a full physical (I've got phobias ok?!)
  24. Visit Color Me Mine with my moms
  25. Learn to sail on my own with no help from the Hubs
  26. Teach each Beast 1 new trick
  27. Refinish a piece of furniture
  28. Learn to change my oil in my car
  29. Find a beer I like and will be able to finish an entire glassful
  30. Donate blood

No comments:

Post a Comment